What a relief

To: "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: What a relief
From: "Kathy Webb" <pkwebb@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:18:52 -0500
I'm so relieved, I have to share!  I bought a '76 TR6 a few months ago, drove
it home (about 75 miles, seemed OK but OD didn't work). About a week of
sitting in the garage the radiator, brake calipers and MC all decided to leak.
I changed crank bearings, thrust washers, new rear shocks, hoses, new
radiator, rebuilt calipers, relined brake MC, new brake hoses, etc.

While putting the wheels back on to lower it I noticed noise from the trany OD
unit. I was advised that it sounded like possible trany major damage. :-(  Not
good esp since we're moving at the end of this month. I checked the trany
fluid, only about 3 - 4 ounces of fluid came out! No wonder it didn't leak! I
checked the OD sump and screen - fortunately no parts fell out. Previous owner
was a nice guy but was vehicle challenged, didn't have a single tool in his
garage.

I filled the trany and diff (it was somewhat low) and had it towed to a Brit
car repair shop. When it got there we test drove it and heard NO strange
noises and the OD worked perfectly! I guess it needs fluid to work. ;-) They
checked her out and gave a clean bill of health. Wow, dodged a major bullet
there.

Hopefully drive it to Trials.

Pat