Re: rear suspension noise

To: "Eric Myracle" <eric_myracle@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rear suspension noise
From: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 8:57:01 -0400
Eric,

I would think U-points are the most likely culprit as broken diff mounts
produce a very audible sharp "clunk" whenever there is a rapid change in
driveshaft torque.  Never had a hub go bad but I've been told it's more of the
typical 'bad bearing grinding noise', not clicks and pops, and sounds worse
when turning in the direction that places more pressure upon it.

Greg Dito
CD6250L

> From: "Eric Myracle" <eric_myracle@hotmail.com>
...research suggests the rear axle u-joints, the rear hubs, worn