RE: carpet kits?

To: "Adam C Beasley" <adam@adambeasley.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: carpet kits?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 07:57:03 -0700
        Adam:

        I am not recommending the Moss kit for a couple of
reasons;
        First, I wanted authenticity. The Moss kit comes with
a rubber mat stitched on both the driver and passenger sides,
but the factory only placed it on the driver's side. I ended
up cutting the passenger side mat off, and then removing the
surplus glue with solvents. Messy.
        Secondly, the fit was unacceptable on the transmission
tunnel. I was very careful, but the three pieces that cover
the tunnel were not long enough in total to cover the length
of the drive tunnel. No matter what I did, I ended up with a
1" gap somewhere. I will be going to an automotive upholstery
shop to get a replacement piece so that I can complete the
        Pluses for the Moss kit; All edges are neatly bound,
the materials are decent, the kit is complete, and the
rocker panel pieces have the trim strips needed to wrap under
the weather stripping, just like the factory did it.
        If I had it to do over, I would try the Roadster
Factory. So far their parts have been the most authentic, but
they have a habit of placing things on backorder. Sigh.

        Vance