Re: ANSA/Monza using Flowmaster

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ANSA/Monza using Flowmaster
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:48:30 -0400
Don,

I'm not sure who told you that the dual ZS will not keep up with the head,
but according to Kas "The special carburetors fitted as standard to the
TR-250 and the TR-6 as delivered in the United States can be used quite
successfully for all of the modified engines except those to be used in
all-out competition".

I know that there are a lot of options out there (SU, Weber, triple ZS,
etc), but I not aware of any dyno tests that show superiority over the stock
ZS on street cars. All of the replacement systems have their own drawbacks
be it cost, difficulty in tuning, or just plain overkill.

My engine is very close to yours in terms of modifications. I chose to use
the stock dual ZS set-up that came on the car. It runs great, but that is
just seat of the pants (no dyno or track times).

Nomex suit zipped, fire away.

Peter
'68 TR250