Wierd vibrations

To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Subject: Wierd vibrations
From: "John R. Brewster" <john.brewster@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:24:35 -0400
'76 TR6 in ... fair condition.

A while back, I was driving home when the car started shaking - more
like a vibration.  But, as I let off the gas is stopped.

I noticed that when I accelerated the shaking was there (more like
something not right in the "drive train".  I am not knowledgeable in
this at all and I am not explaining it very well so bear with me.

So, on the advice of a friend in the know, I replaced all u-joints to
the back wheels (they were original and needed it anyway as-well-as a
brake job overdue).  A month of Sundays later and new brakes and other
sundry parts I finally got the u-joint done.  I take it out for a
test...

Its still there.

I cannot tell if its the drive shaft, Diff or transmission.  It is there
when I accelerate and it stops when I let off the gas.

I have not tried to get up to a speed such that it may stop - my wife
has had to tow me enough already.

I am about to start taking the tunnel apart so I can get the the drive
shaft.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Any opinions?

--