Roller rockers & stuff

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Roller rockers & stuff
From: StuBeatty@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:58:15 EDT
I finally fired up the 6 yesterday after installing a new cam (GP2), roller
rockers (1.6 ratio), lifters, shortened pushrods, stainless valves, and
guides.  She lives once again, but is running rough. I've checked out the
timing,
idle,  carb set up and mixture and all seems to be within specs. It is a loping
idle,  you can see the tach move up and down. It seems like it is sucking air
somewhere. Most the emissions stuff was removed years ago and the vacuum
points  sealed. The remaining pieces seem to be functioning properly. I have
not
checked  out the charcoal cannister and breathing elements in that area. What
is the best  way to go about checking for a vacuum leak?
Stuart Beatty
76 Carmine