First Drive of the Season

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: First Drive of the Season
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:44:05 -0400
Hi List,

Wanted to take a moment and share good news.  Went to get the car out of
storage today in anticipation of the Maine weather hitting the mid 60's
tomorrow and maybe the mid 70's on Friday.  Was nice to have the car start up
after only a little time having the engine move gas to the carbs.  Started,
idled well, warmed up with no problems.  Moved it out of the garage and after
sitting in the same spot for 6 months only had about 3 spots of engine oil no
more than an inch or so in diameter and one tranny drip the size of a
quarter.(far change from the 6 square foot area from last winter)  All the
tires held air, the lights all worked, inside and out, the guages all worked
and in general it was just like I had parked it yesterday.(even though somedays
last summer the blinkers would work intermittently during the same day!)

I think the car might need an auto shrink since I think it is having an
identity crisis and thinks it is a japanese car.  Its stable mate during the
winter was a Chevy and a JD tractor so I am not sure where it is getting its
attitude from.

Thanks for allowing me to share.  By the way, the top was down this afternoon,
temps in the 50's, but the ride home from work, even though only 10 minutes was
rather cool with a temp of 39.

Cheers
Aaron
Topsham, Maine