Re: Update whilst cornering

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Update whilst cornering
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:36:33 -0700
Todd---To each his own, but I would find a two inch difference in the
car height in the rear unacceptable. If you have the same bracket
configuration on both sides of the car, the bushings are new, etc., then
maybe the springs themselves are mismatched. Easy enough to check this.
One way is to simply swap sides to see if it significantly reverses the
height of the car.

 You should be able to get both sides to at least 1/4 inch of each
other. (Not meant to complicate matters, but the front of the car
affects the corner height at the rear) Stock height is said to be around
28 inches, from fender lip to ground, using tire/wheel packages of
standard diameter.

Others mentioned the "bracket chart" for making changes to both camber
and height. If the spring swap doesn't turn up anything, you should find
the solution in the changing of the brackets.

For height variations as small as 1/2 inch, adding or removing the
rubber packing pieces above and below the springs will change the
outcome.

Dick

From: Todd B. Date: Fri, Apr 30, 2004, ....Anyway, I ended up swapping
the brackets & corrected the negative camber, but since the bushings
were worn out, I had to guess. Now I have a very slight positive
camber...I'll live with it...as an added bonus the back end on the
passenger side sits a good 2 inches higher than the driver side with a
slight negative (? Dick) camber. Who knew?? ....

Todd