RE: oil everywhere

To: "Lizirbydavis@cs.com" <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: oil everywhere
From: "Robert Fabie" <bfabie@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:09:08 -0500
Joe:
Sorry to hear about the oil line. Glad that you scan your gauges!

In order to get to the back of the oil pressure gauge, you'll need to remove
the speedo and tach and then remove the screws that hold the wood dash in
place. Since yours is an early TR6, you'll have to see if the eye-ball vents
and possibly the windshield wiper switch also need to be removed. You only have
to pull the dash our a few inches to access the back of the oil pressure gauge.
I have found that it's much easier to work under the dash (to remove the tach
and speedo) by removing the driver's seat and then placing a couple of thick
towels over the seat frame on the floor boards.

Don't forget to disconnect the battery first. And also don't forget to put oil
back in the engine!

See you soon.
Bob

Check out the new British Cars Forum: