brake failure cont.

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: brake failure cont.
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:14:28 EST
I took my car out for a drive today to see if I could recreate the front
brakes locking up.  Sure enough, after a few hard applications of the brakes,
the
pedal got rock hard and BOTH front calipers locked up pretty tight.  I
confirmed that both rear wheels were free, and responded to brake pressure even
though the front brakes were locked up.  I parked the car on a hill and
waited...after about 5 minutes the calipers released and the car rolled freely.
checked the pdwa and "I think" it's centered normally.  All the hoses look
fine, and
the wheel cylinders and calipers are visually functioning normally.  Any
other ideas guys?  I'm  beginning to suspect that my new master cylinder must
be
bad.  What should I do next?  I really want to sort this out before I put the
car away for the winter.
Joe Davis