Re: brake failure cont.

To: <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: brake failure cont.
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:40:24 -0800
Joe,
FWIW, I've had similar problems on other cars following an MC change.
Swapping it out, new fluid etc can loosen some of the grunge that's in the
brake line and it gets caught up and blocks the hoses.

On a VW bug, it was necessary to swap the flex hoses out, and do a 2 qt flush
to clear the lines.

On the 87 jag, I was able to just open the bleeders one wheel at a time and
pump thru fluid unit it ran clear.  I did use a prybar to push the discs /
pistons way back, then loosened and pedal flushed each line.

That solved my problems for me.  Maybe it'll work for you also.

Ken

73 TR6 - CF7000U0
(Almost) Daily Driver
Not Concours Condition, but PDG!