Re: TR front axle dust cap removal

To: "6 - Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR front axle dust cap removal
From: "Walt Philipson" <ltwphilipson@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:57:49 -0500
I know this is a little late, but I've been away from my email.

Something that has worked for me is to place a screwdriver tip on the cap
where it enters the hub. Hold it 45 degrees from the axle axis. Gently tap
on the screwdriver and then re-position it and repeat. work your way around
the cap. I'm not sure why, but the cap will slowly back out.

I discovered this one day when in desperation I was going to drive a
screwdriver into the edge of the cap and pry it off.

Walt Philipson
'74 TR6