TR6 U-Joint Failure

To: "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 U-Joint Failure
From: "Steven Altomare" <gtg124h@mail.gatech.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:50:14 -0500
Hey listers,

Well, I've been driving the trusty TR a lot this year (over 5500 miles
so far), and thought I'd let you all know of the latest occurrence with
my baby.

On a page of my website,
http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gtg124h/trdamage.html, I have some pictures
and explanations of the u-joint failure that happened last night.

I was only moving at about 10-15mph when it happened, and luckily
there's not too much damage.  It looks like the u-joint (obviously!),
the yoke on the axle, and a shock link will all need to be replaced.

My dad's coming down this weekend to help me get her back on the road,
wish us luck!

Steven Altomare

74.5 TR6