Re: Remote battery

To: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Remote battery
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:17:47 +0000

> Hello All,
>
> Anyone have experience moving the battery to the trunk?
I located the battery in the right rear of my TR4 vintage racer. I ran heavy
battery cable (2 gauge, I think) to the front of the car. I ground to the trunk
floor. The car also has a GM 1 wire alternator. I am required to have a master
power kill switch, but I also have one in my street TR6 and that switch
probably is the reason that I still have my TR6 after it experienced a major
electrical meltdown while on a road trip.
Keep in mind that this is a gutted vintage racer, and I don't have to deal with
interior or trunk trim. I only have enough electrical circuits in the car to
power the stuff I need for racing, but in my case this was a simple job.

HTH,
Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58