Re: fabricate a throttle linkage

To: Lizirbydavis@cs.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fabricate a throttle linkage
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:25:34 -0400
At 9:53 PM -0400 7/21/05, Lizirbydavis@cs.com wrote:
>I really need to get the go pedal lower than the brake by about an inch.

There is a clamp at the end of the throttle cross-shaft over on the
passenger's side of the engine compartment. Slacking off this clamp
will allow you to move the static position of the pedal relative to
the firewall. I moved my pedal so I can "heel & toe". When the brake
pedal is depressed enough to develop some resistance, my throttle
pedal is even with it.

Give this adjustment a try. You may still need to fiddle with the
shape of the pedal arm. Pay attention that you don't loose the full
range of motion for the throttle linkage. You'll need WOT from time
to time.

On a somewhat related note, several years ago I added a set of
"riceboy" pedals. They're much larger than the stock pedal pads and
make the gap between the pedals smaller, so you needn't move your
feet as much in spirited driving. In addition, their larger surface
area gives better "feel" of the pedals. Easier to drive barefoot,
too, as I typically do.
--
Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (28 year owner)