RE: trials

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: trials
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 15:05:07 -0400
Gary, did I miss the message where you described what the symptoms were
that sent you on this mission to remove the tranny and inspect the
clutch ?

Stan

<snip>
Well, actually I do have a spare (with O/D) and a clutch too but I hate
just slap another one in it without knowing what happened or is going
on.  I
have been working on it this morning and I may have found some of the
issue.
Drained the oil and it looks OK.  Some color to it but nothing out of
the
ordinary and no chunks.  However the pilot bushing has quite a bit of
play when on
the main shaft.  Pin looks good and has been drilled and wired.  That
made me
feel better but still puzzled about the suddenness of the whole thing.
I mean
Don Carter and I drove it hard enough at the TRA to take 1st and 3rd in
the
Autocross without issue and I have driven it several times since.  Go
figure!!
</snip>