Re: How does the Trunnion work?

To: mailkendall@sbcglobal.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How does the Trunnion work?
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 03:52:55 -0400
Kendall,

My understanding is that a good trunnion will be rock solid with no
wobble or play.  A trunnion that has seen better days will have
noticable slop when you hold it in your hand and move it.  There is no
bearing, just threads.  I could detect no play in mine when I rebuilt
my suspension but when helping a friend rebuild his I did notice slop
and we did replace his with a couple spares we had around.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
http://www.triumphowners.com/108