Re: How does the Trunnion work?

To: 6pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How does the Trunnion work?
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:21:15 -0400
I would second what Aaron said.

I'm the original owner of my TR250 with 60K miles. I kept the trunions well
greased. When I did my
front suspension, I could detect no play in the trunion to vertical link  until
I removed all the
grease and oil. Then I could detect the slightest wiggle. I replaced them with
new ones and there
was no play at all even w/o oil and grease. Not sure I had to replace them, but
I did. I filled them
with Redline -- MT50 I think.

Seems like a really odd design. I would have suspected a bearing in there too.
But I suppose all
those threads act like a really long (big) brass thrust bearing.

Don Malling