Re: Rear Windscreen

To: 6pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Windscreen
From: Kendall Larsen <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 00:42:30 -0700 (PDT)
> I would like to make my own rear windscreen and am looking for advice,
> pictures and/or plans from others who have been there, done that.

Hi Aaron,

I explored the world of windscreens for the TR6 myself awhile back. I had a
friend with some sewing skills craft me a screen to fill the space within the
rollbar. She whipped it up in less than an hour, velcro attachment straps and
everything. The material was plastic screen door mesh, two sheets thick. It
actually worked pretty well. It helped keep female passengers from getting
beaten to death by their own hair. Also with the windscreen in place and the
windows up you can roll top down in fairly chilly weather comfortably. (West
coast "fairly chilly" not Maine! Haha) It looked decent too, as with most
things better at 10ft than close up.

You can see a picture of it in action here:
http://chrispens.org/~kendall/TR6_windmills.JPG

And you can see it forsale with my roll bar here:
http://chrispens.org/~kendall/rollbar_forsale.JPG

(linking pictures to the list ought to help make my buddy sorry for giving me
an account on his webserver!)

I miss the windscreen, but not the roll bar so much -- I was worried about
getting head trauma in even a minor fender bender. You could probably mount a
light weight frame or even just a couple poles to hold a screen without too
much trouble. Should be fun -- show us what you come up with!

Kendall