Re: Steering coupling replacement

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering coupling replacement
From: "glc/crc@13 Fairway" <glccrc@ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 08:24:03 -0400
 Absolutely. Did this in TRF's parking lot-well, more exactly, I held the
large slipjoint pliers and a mechanic from TRF replaced the coupling after
flunking tech inspection at TRF's Summer Party.

Large hose clamp was mentioned as an alternative, but it's far easier to
find a large pair of pliers than a 3" hose clamp!

Don't forget to check the horn's operation afterward, before snugging
everthing up; and check steering wheel alignment.

It's far easier with four hands, btw.

George Church
70TR6