Re: Questions

To: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Subject: Re: Questions
From: Bill <william.mcintire@wright.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:38:36 -0400
Bill
Assuming the pedal stays up after you pump it, like when it's sitting
still, I'd take a look at the wheel bearings. If the front bearings are
a little loose it will allow the rotors to lean when cornering. This
will push the pads back into the calipers with a resulting loss of brake
pedal. If the rotors were/are warped I'd think you should be able to
feel it as uneven braking at low speeds with light pedal application.
Also there is a residual pressure valve(aftermarket). Kastner
recommended this be installed on the master cyl. side of the 'T' to the
front brakes. This maintains minimal pressure on the front brakes and
reduces the pad push back syndrom.

Carbs - Think you may be missing a return spring on the linkage that
goes from the bell crank on the firewall to the one below the center of
the carbs.  Seems mine has one there but haven't broken anything there
for quite some time, so I haven't looked,  but I'm thinkin there was one
there.

HTH
Bill    '70 6