RE: Recovering Dash/radio support frame TR250/TR6

To: "'Don Malling'" <dmallin@attglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: Recovering Dash/radio support frame TR250/TR6
From: "Robert Liam Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 13:50:29 -0400
PREVIOUS SNIP:
I can't imagine how one could recover the dash/radio support using contact
cement. It would seem one
would have to use some kind of glue that goes together wet.

I was thinking of using silicone rubber cement on the inner areas and then
using contact cement on
the outer areas. I thought I could make a bunch of little sand bags out of
zip lock food bags to
weight it all down and hold it in place while the silicone rubber glue
dried. Then after the
silicone rubber dried, do the outer areas with contact cement.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Don Malling

 Have done one and it needs some patience. I used DAP WELWOOD CONTACT CEMENT
and a hair dryer. Follow the directions. Always have lots of ventilation and
no open flame. The hair dryer is to warm up the vinyl to bend over the edges
before applying the contact cement. A way of performing the vinyl. If you
wait the allotted time before apply both parts together, there is no need
for mini sand bags.

Have fun.

Robert L. Gannon
http://home.comcast.net/~trsix74/wsb/index.html