Recovering Dash/radio support frame TR250/TR6

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, dmallin@attglobal.net
Subject: Recovering Dash/radio support frame TR250/TR6
From: Patrick Bloem <patrick.bloem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 13:55:25 -0700 (PDT)
Don,
I recently did this on my 250.  It I used a
combination of 3M Weatherstrip adhesive (contact
cement) and 3M Fast Tack cement. I did a number of dry
fits to make sure everything would fit.  Also make
sure the casting is very clean.  I wire brushed mine
w/a die grinder. I initially glued the upper area
first and then worked my way down using acid brushes
to get glue up high.  It all worked out well.  TRF
says to use the plastic as a slip sheet which I guess
would work too but I liked glue as you go technique.
It reall was pretty easy.  Good luck.

Patrick Bloem
TR 250
East Grand Rapids, MI

<snip>  how one could revover the dash/radio support
using
contact cement. It would seem one
would have to use some kind of glue that goes together
wet.

I was thinking of using silicone rubber cement on the
inner areas and
then using contant cement on
the outer areas. I thought I could make a bunch of
little sand bags out
of zip lock food bags to
weight it all down and hold it in place while the
silicone rubber glue
dried. Then after the
silicone rubber dried, do the outer areas with contact
cement.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Don Malling