foggy guages

To: jvannorman@wowway.com, 6pack-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: foggy guages
From: Ian Breyer <ianbreyer@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 21:50:36 -0700 (PDT)
Jon,

There are definitely seals behind your guages and
there is a good chance they are beat based upon my own
experience. Common sense would say that would probably
be the source of fog but I don't have actual
experience to verify this would solve problem.

I took out the glass in my speedo unintentionaly and
found the seals to be pretty much disintegrated. I
cleaned the glass and was amazed how much cleaner they
were and decided to renovate all my guages (yet to be
done!). If you are planning on removing the dash then
this is the time for this project. You could also
repaint or replace the bezels on your guages at this
time and they'll look like new. I bought new rubber
gaskets from Victoria British for all my small guages
but haven't been able to find a source for speedo and
tach. Can anyone offer a source? I did find someone
who would sell me gasket material but I would have to
cut the gaskets myself which seems like a pain.

Ian B.
72 TR6