TR6 frame repair, wheel straightening (DC area)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 frame repair, wheel straightening (DC area)
From: Ted Stevens <trstevens@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 15:32:54 -0500
Thanks to all who pointed to sources for wheel repair/straightening in the
Washington, DC area.

The Wheel Doctor - Danny Busch
Gaithersburg/Rockville MD 301 651 6186; 301-253-5200

Ye Olde Wheel Shoppe,  Elkridge MD (near Baltimore) 410-796-8400, 800-526-8260

I also received recommendations for the same places from local
mechanics.  I'll be going with Wheel Dr. since they can pick up/drop off.

That's the good news.   Here's the not-so-good news:  I finally had a
chance to take the wheel off, and found the following:

Brake rotor is broken: hub section is pretty much gone.  Wheel/hub turns
freely while the rotor is clamped in brakes.

Frame is bent/kinked behind where the A-arm attaches, enough that it's
touching the exhaust pipe.

Any recommendations for a shop in the Rockville/Gaithersburg MD area?  I
assume this is something a good frame shop can handle if I take them the
dimensions from the shop manual?