RE: Outcome of "Remind Me Please"

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, <Pimento73@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Outcome of "Remind Me Please"
From: "Donald LeBrun" <del@re-comm.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:04:30 -0500
"He grunted and handed me my receipt. Who says service is dead in America!?"

        Vance

Vance,

Having experienced the same response from clerks and storeowner's on several
occasions, I decided to do a bit of investigation into the phenomenon.

It appears that clerks are being specially trained to make this 'grunting'
sound whenever one of three things happens: 1) they have no clue what the
customer just said, 2) they understood the customer, but did not have any
idea what it meant, or 3) they are just filling in for the real employees
during the busy season.  I found this information in an obscure corner of
the Harvard Business School website.  Of course there is another school of
thought on this grunting that is based on concept that sales clerks are not
being properly trained to be knowledgeable in the products they sell and
therefore make only a minimal attempt to communicate with the buying public.

I heard that California was looking at adding 'oxygen theft' to their list
of Class A felonies. . . . . .

Don