Re: Outcome of "Remind Me Please"

To: Robert Liam Gannon <trsix74@comcast.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Outcome of "Remind Me Please"
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:17:49 -0800 (PST)
Last time I was in NAPA, I saw the Stalube & bought
all they had...just so I wouldn't run into that again.
 One store only had 1 quart containers & the other had
the gallon containers.  I now have over gallons.

Last time I walked into KOI (Local chain in KY, OH, &
IN) the guy asked why I wanted the more expensive
Castrol LMA...then he leaned over to look at what I
was driving..."oh, sorry didn't see what you were
driving"

As they say, "there's a lot riding on your brakes"
well, they don't actually say that, but it's true!
tires are one thing, but you gotta be able to stop:-))

Todd Bermudez
CD198L
CF25768UO

--- Robert Liam Gannon <trsix74@comcast.net> wrote:

> Everyone on the list that asks questions, get's good
> useful answers and has
> an outcome should reply to those that helped. And
> may I say, I am the first
> to admit that I don't always follow my own pet
> peeves. So in the spirit of a
> new year to come, here is my outcome.
>

> I went to four different auto parts places: Pep
> Boys, Autozone, Atlantic
> Speed and Western Auto. None had the required GL4
> Gear Oil. I went to the
> closest NAPA and asked the counter help for the
> specific product STALUBE and
> number provided by one of you fine gentlemen. The
> "kid" gave me an attitude
> as if I was nuts and had no idea what I was talking
> about. (Little did he
> know he was right?) The store manager must have
> overheard my request and
> asked me what reason would I want only GL4 and not
> the upgrade. I gave him a
> brief description of what I was doing and told him
> of the corrosion that GL5
> does to the yellow metals. (I obviously must have
> impressed him with my
> knowledge as he proceeded to look up the product,)
> He explained to me he did
> not have it in stock, it came in 4 one gallon jugs
> and that for $48 and
> change he could have it hear for me by three the
> same day. WOWEE! Bingo,
> found it!
>
> Now GL5 Gear oil costs about $6 for a quart,
> depending on the store. 4
> quarts to the gallon is $24. Times that by 4 is $96.
> Guess I made out. By
> the time I get around to the last drop the price of
> oil is going to be 20
> times more. I think I will hold on to the rest!
>

> So, as I now fill the tranny and the differential
> with fresh oil and I wait
> the return of the tub for the TR3, I feel I have
> achieved one more victory
> in the fight to get this car on the road by next
> year.
>

> Thank you all so very much for your help. Have a
> wonderful holiday season.
>

> Robert L. Gannon
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~trsix74/wsb/index.html

Yahoo! DSL  Something to write home about.
Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com