Re: Wind deflectors

To: stan.foster@hp.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wind deflectors
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 21:30:57 -0500
Hi Stan,

I requested and received opinions on different wind deflectors last
fall as I was attempting to get one set up before a long trip.  Well,
fun with the clutch ate up all my wind deflector fabrication time and I
never got around to it.  The plan is to tackle the project sometime
this winter though I suspect the way my plans turn out it will be
closer to spring, or even summer.  I have a few ideas I would like to
try.  One is to make a deflector from lexan, make it curved similar to
the way the Audi TT has their windscreen.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Vehicle_Reviews/Sports_Convertibles/2001_
Audi_TT_Roadster.S184.A770.html
http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/rp/04tt.htm

The above links provide a few pictures that are marginal and you have
to scroll down to find them.

Check out ebay auction #4601417718.  If you let the pictures load then
scroll down you can find a good pic of the wind deflector.

I am not sure of how effective this design would be and would like to
try it out on a piece of luan wood before spending the money on lexan,
and then cutting it to a shape that doesnt work.  I would also like to
fabricate a system where the screen can be raised and lowered, possible
with holes in the sides of the lexan and spring loaded clips that would
drop into the holes to allow it to be raised and lowered very easily.

Right now I have a bunch of ideas and no clue if they will work or not.
 Please keep me informed as to your progress.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
http://www.triumphowners.com/108