Re: Coolant Flow

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coolant Flow
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 13:16:18 -0800
Gene---In my setup, I have the coolant coming out of the (standard)
bottom hose at the thermostat housing and into the bottom of the
(non-stock) manifold adaptor. Another hose takes the coolant out of the
top fitting in this adaptor and back into front of the stock intake
manifold. From there it takes its natural route to the pipe behind the
intake manifold to the waterpmp housing. As you know, this flow of hot
water will help vaporize the fuel for better street driveability.

Dick

Gene asks:

Does anyone know which way the coolant flows in the TR6 motor?
She gets a bit "balky" during cold weather and I've noticed that the
intake manifold is nice and warm, but the manifold adapting the
downdraft Webers is pretty cold. So I want to route the hot coolant
through the Weber adaptors, then through the main manifold. Currently
they split at each end and run in parallel.
Thanks for any help,
- GeneG