Re: ignition timing

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ignition timing
From: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:39:28 -0600
my mechanic, and others i know, tell me to move the distributor clockwise?
think that's right . . . until it runs badly.  then back it off a bit.  or
you can edge it forward a little at a time, see how it is, edge it some
more.  remember this is not a fresh from the factory perfect engine.  it has
some wear, and some modifications.  the engine will run hotter with an
advance, and the idle will be higher as well.  since you obviously had some
adjustment issues before, just back off the idle screws a few flats, being
sure to do them both the same.  you will also have to run the engine a bit
each time for the changes to take effect.  slow, careful, and
document/remember what you do each time so you don't end up back at your
mechanics door begging him to  undo your mistakes again . . .

its how we all learn . . .