Frame Coatings

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Frame Coatings
From: "Cary Henry" <caryhenry@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 09:15:33 -0500
I have a frame that has been sandblasted and powdercoated.  The frame was
stored outdoors for about five years.  It shows some minor surface rust on
some of the corners, and also on some of the bolt holes.  None of the rust
is major and most of it just wipes off with a shop towel.  I was wondering
just how durable powdercoating is, and if it is ok to use this frame the way
it is under my body, or should I sandblast it and recoat with POR15?  Also,
I believe I read that it takes about one quart of POR15 to coat the TR6
frame.  Is this correct?  Thank you very much for your help!