RE: Stupid Fan Belt

To: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>,
Subject: RE: Stupid Fan Belt
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 06:31:05 -0700
>===== Original Message From "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net> =====
>How does one change the fanbelt?  I thought I could do this.  The belt is
>pinched between the damper pulley and the steering rack.
>
>Sulking,
>John Cyg.

Most likely your engine mounts have sagged. Thereby lowering your engine
enough to not allow the fan belt to pass between the damper pulley and the
steering rack. This is not uncommon. JAck up the engine a smidge and you can
pass the belt through. You might also inspect your motor mounts. There has
been a rash of poor ones where the rubber is seperating from the metal.

Good luck.

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79   (1972 TR6)