RE: Engine Stalls

To: "'Sally or Dick Taylor'" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine Stalls
From: "Robert Liam Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:03:31 -0500
Have that ice pack ready  :-)

Robert L. Gannon
http://home.comcast.net/~trsix74/wsb/index.html

-----Original Message-----

 Steve---I will take a different approach to your stalling issue. as I
don't think the problem is in the carb, fuel pump, or such. What I
believe is happening is the result of (extended) highway driving, and
then slowing down to idle speeds, as you described. Highway driving
passes a lot of fuel thru the carbs, and can cool off the carbs and
intake manifold to a point that the fuel does not atomize properly,
IF..the hot water line thru the intake manifold is blocked. We know when
these parts are cold it takes CHOKE to make the engine happy again. At
least until normal heat soak is restored.
To confirm my suspicions, feel the intake manifold and the hot water
line/hose where it comes out of the intake manifold pipe. Do this right
after a "highway" run. If it is anything but hot to touch, yu'll need to
do whatever is necessary to restore the flow of hot water.