RE: Tire size website

To: "michael lunsford" <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Tire size website
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:25:05 -0800
        Mike:

        As I recall, the older tire size system was pretty close to 82
profile when used in the current tire sizing system. So the original
185x15 red lines would be 185-82/R15 in today's tire sizes, which of
course rounds to 185-80/15. So to answer your question directly, yes
that is as close as you can get using the tire calculator.
        I use 205-70/R15 on my car which gets pretty close to the
original, but is still slightly undersized.

        Vance