16" Panasports

To: adam@adambeasley.com, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 16" Panasports
From: "Tomislav Marincic" <tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 07:56:40 -0500
"I was looking around at some panasports and would like to make sure I buy
the correct ones. I found some 16x7 with a +6 offset and a 4.25 backspace
and was wondering how these would work on the TR6."

I'm not familiar with that wheel, but something seems amiss with the
measurements. A 7" wheel with a 4.25" backspace has a 3/4" positive
offset, which is more like 19mm as opposed to the 6 you quoted. With
that much offset, I would expect the upper A-arm to rub the inner rim
in front.

I have 16" Panas with the usual zero-offset that people use on the
TR6. My car is not on the road, but I can see that I'll have to do
some grinding on the upper A-arm bolt to avoid rubbing in
turns. Another 19mm closer and I wouldn't even be able to bolt the
wheel on. There are pictures at the link below.

Cheers, Tom
CC55483L

http://www.triumphowners.com/735