interior carpet and vinyl questions

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: interior carpet and vinyl questions
From: "John VanNorman" <jvannorman@wowway.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:43:37 -0500
A few questions for the list.

(1) I am looking at the vinyl and nylon carpet samples that I received from
TRF.  I really like the "new tan" vinyl
(which is sort of a rust color tan).  Looking at the carpet samples, it seems
that the "medium tan" color matches it
best.  So, for those of you who have installed the "new tan" vinyl along with
carpet from TRF, is "medium tan" the color
you went with for the carpet? My two most trusted fashion resources -- my wife
and my sister -- seem to think that those
two work together best, but I am curious what others went with.

(2) Also, which color convertible top boot did those of you who went with the
"new tan" vinyl go with?  Does the
"caramel tan" in the Robbins or Everflex material match the "new tan" vinyl at
all?  Or did you just go with a boot made
of the same "new tan" vinyl?

(3) Lastly, is there any advantage over the real jute underfelt as compared to
the synthetic?

John V.
1974 1/2 TR6