Re: TR6 - Engine Stalls

To: Steven Altomare <gtg124h@mail.gatech.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 - Engine Stalls
From: Jay Snable <jsnable@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:05:37 -0800
Hi Steven,

I had very similar symptoms when I put a set of Good roller rockers
on. Along with the external oil feed, a lot more oil was being
delivered to the top end. It turned out my guides were bad and the
oil was being sucked through. Although the car ran fine at highway
speeds and there weren't (huge) clouds of smoke coming out, it would
sputter and die as soon as I rolled to a stop. I ended up replacing
the rollers with my stock rockers and that solved the problem until I
was able to get the guides replaced. Do you think oil mist may be
being sucked through the new plumbing?

Jay
'73 TR6