Re: [6pack] Throwout bearing differences

To: john70350@msn.com (John Johnson)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Throwout bearing differences
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 23:02:57 -0700
John---The "shortness" or thinness of the throwout bearing won't affect
your clutch operation. The piston in the clutch Slave Cylinder will go
down the bore until contact is made with the rest of the linkage.
 I trust that this bearing fits properly on the carrier sleeve. The
difference in thickness between the two bearings wasn't mentioned in
your post. You could even add a spacer between this new bearing and the
carrier shoulder, but shouldn't be necessary.

I do have reservations about saying that some off-brand bearing will
give good service tho, given all of the problems in this area with
anything other than a quality bearing.

Dick

From:
john70350@msn.com(John Johnson)

Hey Guys, I just bought a new clutch pressure plate and throwout bearing
for my Triumph and while the plate and disc look fine the bearing is
much shorter and weaker looking, the center section is much much thinner
even though the diameter is the same. Will the large thickness
difference mess up my clutch adjustment? Anyone who contacts me I will
send some pictures for some feeback, any would help. Thanks, John
Dont quit your job Take Classes Online and Earn your Degree in 1 year.
Start Today!