Re: [6pack] HVDA Question 2

To: gln@worldpath.net (Nick Gemas)
Subject: Re: [6pack] HVDA Question 2
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:58:00 -0700
 Nick---After reading Dave's reply to your post, I went out and measured
my clutch pedal disengagement point. Yours does seem to be disengaging
sooner than mine. Here's what I have:

>From the middle-top of the foot pad to the floor board (carpet) it's
6-1/2 inches, with the clutch pedal at rest.

The clutch pedal disengages the clutch when the pedal is depressed 3
inches from the rest position. The pedal travels another 1/2 inch
before contacting the (adjustable) stop bolt.

If you are measuring your "!-1/2 inches of pedal travel" before clutch
disengagement between the clutch pedal's arm and the stop bolt, then we
are not far apart in our measurements. If you took it at the top of the
pedal to the floor, then...

Any chance that you "missed" the distance of free play between the
clutch fingers and the throwout bearing when setting up the clearance?

Dick

From:
gln@worldpath.net(Nick Gemas)

BlankHi guys,
        I'm just finishing up my long awaited 5spd HVDA
conversion and I'm pretty bummed out. I purchased the conversion from
Herman with the hydraulic throwout conversion. I'm bummed because I just
hooked up the hydraulic throwout and I only have 1 1/2" total pedal
travel !! What's up with that? I'm pretty sure it's working and adjusted
properly since it engages and disengages the clutch ok. Although I
haven't driven the car yet, I don't think I can ever get used to that
kind of clutch pedal travel. I driven at least a hundred manual
transmission cars in my life and never had so little clutch pedal
travel. It seems ridiculous.Anyone else out there install the same kit
with the hydraulic throwout bearing? Any input would really be
appreciated.
Nick Gemas