[6pack] TR250 Stripe

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] TR250 Stripe
From: "Bruce Moxon" <bamxn@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:51:40 -0400
In looking at most TR250's at shows, the nose stripe takes a dip in the center
of the hood. I hadn't noticed it before, but since I had an unfortunate
altercation with a wild turkey and am looking at minor body and paint repair,
I started looking at period photos.
If you look at the cover of " The Triumph TR5/250 and TR6 Companion" by Rossi
and Clarke, the stripe on the 250 is straight across the hood. Again on page
42 ( Dealers convention ), you can see that the lead cars look to have a
straight stripe. In a TR250 brochure that I have, one photo shows a dip and
another looks to be straight. Did the cars come in two varieties. Inquiring
minds want to know.

Thanks,
Bruce Moxon
TR250