[6pack] carburetor damper oil type and fill

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] carburetor damper oil type and fill
From: "Stephen Lindquist" <lindquistse@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 12:52:31 -0400
Listers,

I apologize for revisiting this thread but I had my carbs rebuilt this
winter and refilled the carb dampers with 3-in-one oil as I remembered
someone had recommended.  Ran fine in early spring.  Car is a 68 TR250,
driven in Massachusetts.

Now that the weather is warmer the engine runs rough, briefly, on rapid
acceleration from 1000 to 2000 rpm. It does this in gear or in neutral.  If
I push it slowly thru this rpm range its smooth.

So I suspect carb dampers or distributor issues, or both.   Any ideas?  Will
damper oil viscosity affect things?  How about oil fill level?

Thanks, Steve