[6pack] Idle after carb rebuild

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Idle after carb rebuild
From: "John North" <johncnorth@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:43:44 -0400
Having trouble getting idle down below 1500 on rebuilt carbs...   I
replaced all the seals including the spindle and the bypass valve.
Car starts and runs quite well, but idle is a problem.   It mostly
stays around 1500.   If I blip the throttle RPMs may come down very
slowly to 800 or so, then build back up.

When I put the air flow synchroniser on either carb, RPMs go up
immediately to around 1800, then come back down if I remove the
synchroniser.

I removed the carbs and fiddled with the spindle and butterfly to make
sure it's centered and closing the whole way.   What else could cause
the carbs to open up and supply more gas?

Any suggestions appreciated...

John North