Re: [6pack] Idle after carb rebuild

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Idle after carb rebuild
From: "John North" <johncnorth@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:59:32 -0400
David, yes, these are Z-S, the carbs are numbered C3385, which I
believe makes them from a 71, but I have them on my 76.   Oddly there
are two  vacuum ports on the rear carb.   They are both close to the
manifold, one on top and one underneath.   Nelson Riedel shows these
as having only a bottom port.   I put a vacuum tester on the top one
and it is drawing zero.   I have it connected to the dizzie, where the
retard is not working anyway.   Blocking the bottom one with my finger
makes no difference.   I'm thinking maybe that was to be connected to
the thermostatic vacuum which I don't have on the 76.   The front one
has no vacuum ports.   Riedel shows one on top - not on mine...   Go
figure.