[6pack] RE: Rattle in the B post

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] RE: Rattle in the B post
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 00:41:19 +0000
Good news, the rattle is gone !

It was indeed the missing lower screw in the soft top frame mounting plates
that was allowing the caged nut to move. Once I added that screw the rattle
disappeared and I can now go over a bumpy road without that particular clatter
in my left ear.

Thanks to all who replied, this will make a huge difference on those long
trips and makes the car seem less like it is falling apart.

Stan

(PS, My wife wants to know why we have been driving around with a captive nut
in a cage all these years.)