[6pack] Tail Light Sockets with Ground

To: "'Triumph List'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'6pack'"
Subject: [6pack] Tail Light Sockets with Ground
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:24:26 -0400
TR6 tail light sockets are a constant source of frustration because of the
way they "ground" by snapping in to the car body. They're fine one day and
not working the next. Here's a simple solution found by Frangois on the
6-Pack Forum,  (http://tinyurl.com/2affr5) The sockets all have a ground tab
so you can make up a ground wire, slip one end over the tap and the other
end gets screwed directly to the body. The other nice part is the price: The
Big 3 offer new sockets without ground tab at about $10 each or $60 +
shipping to do the whole rear tail light assembly. These are brand new with
ground tab and I got them for less then $40 delivered. If you decide to bid
on his auction, just ask him first if these are the ones with a ground tab.
For some reason he never mention that in the item description.

I have some close-up pictures posted on my site under the Tail Light link.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org