[6pack] Headlamp buckets and rims

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Headlamp buckets and rims
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 19:16:33 +0000
I'm accumulating parts to refresh my headlight assemblies. The existing ones
are rusting and the aiming adjusters seems to have deteriorated. In general I
don't like this design because there is some sideways force generated by the
spring that attaches the inner bucket to the outer bucket that seems to cause
the adjusters to tilt so I wonder how you can ever keep these things aimed
right, but I digress..

My real question is about the attachment of the rims to the buckets. My old
buckets had a forked prong at the bottom that allowed a tab in the chromed
outer ring to snap into it (on a good day that is). My new buckets (from Moss)
have a threaded hole at the bottom so that clearly isn't going to work with
the tab on the rim. Are there different rims that have to match specific
buckets or is there an additional part needed for the buckets to work with the
tabbed trim rings ?

Stan