Re: [6pack] Front Signal Light Covers

To: lfm614@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Front Signal Light Covers
From: mcmeganutt@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:25:51 -0400
Fred

I have a 72 and faced the same problem.? Mine where not in terrible shape but
did have some cracking from age.? I opted to dip mine in the liquid rubber
compound that is used to rubber coat tool handles.? This can be found in cans
at
big hardware stores.? I cleaned them very well so it would adhere, dipped and
hung to dry.? Just be careful around the area that contacts the housing / lens
so as to not get heavy build up.? If you hang them to dry with that end up, the
rubber will flow down and leave a thinner coating there.

Came out pretty good, look good from the outside which where they will see
water
and dirt inside fender.? Another alternative for you.

Lou

Lou,
Great idea, Thanks, I will try that. I have some of the rubber coating already
here.
Fred
70TR6CC54944L,FIT still in pieces

AOL at AOL.com.