[6pack] "Shameless Self Promotion" Published-Uncle Jack Featured

To: 75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: [6pack] "Shameless Self Promotion" Published-Uncle Jack Featured
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 11:54:08 EDT
Bob Danielson and the Lists:

Since it's not directly about me, I feel I can comment:

Uncle Jack has been instrumental in several Triumph improvements in the name
of safety and performance. To name a few:

THE SOUTHWICK AXLE-a modification to the TR3/TR4 solid rear axle housing
allowing the use of a much simpler  and stronger circle track axle.

THE HD AXLE SPINDLE AND SPACER KIT-A stronger STUB AXLE and eliminates the
brake pedal drop that terrifies racers following the push back of the brake
pads.

KAS KASTNER'S VELOCITY STACKS-Jack replicated the metal spinning tooling to
produce the high performance velocity stacks extensively developed by Kas
Kastner in the 60s.

CARBURETER HEAT SHIELD: I used a modified design of Jack's to volume produce
a now popular stainless steel version for TR3/TR4.

TR3/TR4 CONNECTING RODS:  This feature is not currently available to the
market, but worth mentioning. My TR4 #197 is the test bed for High Performance
Connecting Rods based on the development that Uncle Jack did.  Far lower cost
than Carrillos and uses the lower cost Clevite 77 Con Rod bearings ($12.50 for
set of four) I am about to drop the pan to inspect the bearings after running
Road America, but I expect the best.  Ideally, this would make a great
aftermarket kit if Jack can iron out some wrinkles and find a market.

That's a few items...it's what retired John Deere tractor guys do in their
second careers.

It's great to be part of the Triumph Fraternity. Our kind of people/

Joe Alexander   </HTML>