Re: [6pack] TR6 Alignment Specs.

To: mdesenberg@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 Alignment Specs.
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 23:26:40 -0700
 Mark---I have never thought  one half degree to be especially critical
at the rear, so long as both sides are together on this. A lot depends
on how you want the car to "set", whether you have the stock springs or
not, how much weight you carry in the car, etc. Most of the cared-for
TR's I've seen usually run close to one half deg. neg.

Tell the shop guy to try keeping the wheelbase at 88 inches on both
sides, when they're setting the camber. (They should know how to do
this)

Dick

From:
mdesenberg@comcast.net

I have an appointment tomorrow to get my 6 aligned I sent a post the
other day requesting the preferred alignment specs for a 6 and still
need some help. In Bentley's page 45 under general specs they list the
rear camber as 1 deg, neg, +/- 1/2, (-1/2 to -1 1/2 deg). In the rear
suspension section , 64.25.17, they specify the rear camber range from
+1 to -1/4. If my aging memory is correct, I recall that the preferred
target is 1/2 deg neg. I have installed the adjustable brackets so I
should be able to get it right on. Is 1/2 neg correct for the rear
camber?
Thanks for the help.
Mark