[6pack] Left rear brake light problem solved

To: "Navarrette,Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: [6pack] Left rear brake light problem solved
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:52:14 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Vance and List,

The brake light problem has been resolved by soldering a wire across the
grounding tab for the bulb in the socket and the socket mounting clamp ring
that has the six metal spring clips.  These two pieces are of different metals
that are sandwiched together by the plastic socket body. This caused an
intermittent grounding problem that would work if only one filament of the bulb
was used at a time but not both at once. The diode did not fix the problem but
lead me in the right direction to suspect the socket.  Now it remains to be
seen if I remember this solution when it presents the symptoms again!
Greg Perry